BlushingBooks

Blushing Books

An Interview With Rayanna Jamison Author of the Luke's Rogue Bride

Luke's Rogue Bride by Rayanna Jamison

It's not always easy to flee the demons from your past.

Carolyn Atwood's childhood in the polygamist community of Filmore, Georgia, was one of oppression, fear and abuse at the hands of a power-hungry prophet.

After her family fled to the Green Valley, Utah, she was finally able to live the life she had always dreamed of-embracing her newfound freedom, safety and happiness, and to help put the prophet who abused her behind bars for once and for all.

When she hears her father plotting to take the family back to Filmore, Carolyn can feel her happy existence crumbling around her. She has a choice to make-tell a little white lie with the intention of marrying the new bishop so that she can build a better life in Green Valley, or return to the single place on Earth that could crush her very soul.

Lucas Miller has watched Carolyn for the past several years. While he admires her spirit, he knows that any man who is called to make her his wife will have his hands full. Will he trust in his faith that he is exactly the man for this troubled young woman? Will he be able to convince Carolyn that her past does not define who she is beneath that tough exterior?

DISCLAIMER: This books contains the spanking of adult women and elements of power exchange, and is set in a polygamist community.

Books 1 & 2 combined Just $2.99 Book 3 Just $1.99

Now, Rayanna, can you tell me about one or two of your books- I mean where should I start? What should I read first?

Oh man- it really depends what you are in the mood for- If you like sweet and clean domestic discipline- definitely read my Love Multiplied Series.  If you like your DD a little sexier- read any of my Corbin’s Bend books- and if you like a good Daddy Dom story read Catching Her Cowboy Daddy or Cole For Christmas.

What was the first book you wrote? Bride Two Soon- The first book in my Love Multiplied Series- which is a series of sweet and clean domestic discipline romances that take place in a polygamous community where the belief is that the woman receivs a vision of sorts that tells her who she is supposed to marry.

The fourth book in this series just came out, Books 1-3 are on sale, and Book 5 will be out for New Years- and FREE.

And what inspired you to start writing? As a kid, I always dreamed of being an author, and then when I was in my teens I quit writing for many years. My reading tastes had changed, but I wasn’t ready to write the things I wanted to read, and for some reason I was putting pressure on myself thinking that I needed to.  When I was in my 30’s I met a friend *cough* the person giving this interview *cough* who encouraged me to write a book for Blushing. I was homeschooling at the time, and it had been so long, and I couldn’t make a go of it at the time. A year later, I moved to Utah, put the kids in public school, and was just deep in culture shock and not knowing what to do with myself. There are a lot of very different polygamist sects around where I live, and I just started researching them all. I watched all the shows, I read what I could- and because it’s what I do, and because I had heard rumors that domestic discipline was prevalent in the area, I began to look for polygamy spanking books. I didn’t find many. So, I wrote one. And then another, and another.

What genre do you like to read? Contemporary Romance of all kinds from super sweet and clean to dirty gritty bdsm.

Do you have an author who influenced the way you write? I don’t really consider myself to be influenced by anyone, unless I’ve met them and actually talked writing with them. That being said, my biggest influences are Patty Devlin, who taught me what head hopping was, convinced me to write in third person and pretty much held my hand through the entire process of writing my first book. The other is Thianna D, who brought me in on the Corbin’s Bend project, taught me some of the funnest rules I’ve ever learned when it comes to editing, forced me to write my first sex scene, jumped at the chance when I timidly asked her to co –write my first M/m romance, and taught me how to stick up for myself as an author. Oh! She also introduced me to some great reviewers as well!

What is your toughest criticism? I have a tendency to go deep POV too often. I don’t push myself enough.  I’m working on both. I think I’ve made some good progress this year.

And your best compliment? So many. I think every review is a compliment. So I will just say  the fact that it took me two and a half years to receive less than a three star review on Amazon. I take that as a compliment. ;) But honestly, I’m glad it finally happened. That was a lot of pressure! ;)

What do you like to do when you are not writing?  Talk to friends, hang out with my kids, cook-not bake-shop, read. Eat sushi, Collect knee socks, and share good coffee or good wine with good friends and family.

Are you a Morning or Evening person? That’s like asking me to choose between coffee and wine. Most people will tell you I’m not a morning person- but I don’t really agree. I am an early riser and I wake up easily. I just also like quiet in the morning. I don’t want to be asked questions, talked to about my plans for the day, (or yours for that matter) or be otherwise pissed off. (Can I say pissed off in an interview? Whatever. I’m saying it.)

And for fun, does Prince Charming really exist? Sure he does. I married him.  HAHAHAHA Real answer?  –A little prince charming exists in all  men.  So does a little Darth Vader.

Luke's Rogue Bride by Rayanna Jamison

It's not always easy to flee the demons from your past.

GET THE FIRST BOOKS IN THE SERIES ON SALE NOW!
Books 1 & 2 combined Just $2.99 Book 3 Just $1.99

Rayanna Jamison

Rayanna Jamison has always dreamed of becoming an author. She credits a big move from Oregon to Utah in 2013 as the catalyst that finally began her writing career. She now lives in Southern Utah with her husband, two children, two dogs, and her mother. She writes what she loves to read, which is fun romantic stories about submission in its many forms. When she is not writing, she enjoys reading, cooking, crafting, and shopping, and that's just in her spare time. When the kids and husband are home, she can be found baking with her daughter, watching her son and his friends, and hosting neighborhood block parties. She loves exploring her new area, and finding fun new things to do with her family.   Don’t miss these exciting titles by Rayanna Jamison and Blushing Books!

Catching Her Cowboy Daddy Santa, Sir Cole for Christmas Other Uses for a Wooden Spoon   Corbin’s Bend Series A Perfect Partnership A Holiday Ruse Ginger UP   Love Multiplied Series: Green Valley Brides, Books 1 & 2 Luke’s First Bride, Book 3   Vegas Nights Series: Collared, Book One   Audio Books: The Bishop’s First Bride Bride Two Soon