BlushingBooks

Blushing Books

His Dark Obsession by USA TODAY Bestselling author, Zoe Blake

hisdarkobsession_promo-1Hello!

To all my wonderful, lovely fans. My new book will be (I hope!) a special treat. It is my homage to the classic Victorian gothic romance. Murder, suspicion and dark deeds with a seductive but mysterious Hero and an innocent yet adventurous Heroine.

Photography was a new and exciting toy for the wealthy in the Victorian era. Contrary to popular belief, they actually had quite advanced cameras, including rolled film and small hand-held ones. I thought this would be a fun element to explore - from an erotic angle of course! So let's just say the Heroine gets into all kinds of naughty trouble as the Hero convinces her to pose in increasingly sensual and tantalizing ways!

I did an extensive amount of research for this book. Reading several books on true crime in the Victorian era, the various ways to commit murder (these made the Hubby a little nervous! Haha) and the history of photography. If you are interested in further reading, a list of some of the books can be found on my blog www.zblakebooks.com

I hope you enjoy "His Dark Obsession" as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Stay tuned! Later this fall, Blushing will be releasing my first Western!
Yippee-Ki-Yay!
Zoe B.

Will the enigmatic Lord Warrington's dark seductive games be the death of her?

After a chance encounter on a busy London street, Lord Pierce Warrington vowed she would be his... he just needed to learn her name. As an American, Sarah Grey still had a lot to learn about British society. She didn't, however, need to be told handsome lords who handled you intimately and demanded to know your name were trouble.
She made her living as a model with Mrs. Mildred Needham's Studio of Virtuous Young Beautiful Women Artist Models. While it was certainly better than a life in domestic service, sitting for painters and sculptors was not nearly as exciting as Sarah would have hoped. That is until Lord Pierce Warrington strolls in looking to hire a model.
Lord Warrington is highly influential in the new medium of photography. He decides Sarah is his perfect muse... and perfect for a little sinful seduction. Will she be willing to play his dark games? Will she understand his need to explore the delicate balance of pleasure and pain? To capture it on film? To capture her.
What starts as a dangerous seduction turns treacherous when an attempt is made on Sarah's life. Will the enigmatic Lord Warrington's games be the death of her?
*This book contains domestic discipline, spankings, creative punishments and anal play.

Source: http://www.blushingbooks.com