BlushingBooks

Blushing Books

The latest from Maggie Ryan - Available Today!

hiserranteducator_promo-1Dear Readers,

Every time I drive down a road with nothing but fields of wheat or corn on either side of my windows, or pass rolling pastures where herds of cattle are grazing, I can't help but wonder how the land must have looked as our country began to expand its borders. I imagine being an early pioneer traveling for over 2,000 miles along the Oregon Trail. Not rolling along in an air-conditioned car with a GPS to make sure I arrive at my destination, but riding on a hard wooden seat where every rut jarred my bones as the wagon crossed the prairie. I can imagine my heart catching in my throat the moment the oxen stepped into a river, the water rushing around them, rising high against the wagon wheels as we forged raging rivers. Walking hundreds of miles in the heat, praying that our passage would be free of Indians, cholera, bandits and injury as the train slowly traversed through mountain passes with sheer drop offs that would mean instant death with just a stumble. I can't even begin to imagine the sense of wonder, of excitement as they came down from those passes and set eyes on a valley spread out beneath them... a valley that would become their home and eventually the 33rd state in our great country as Oregon joined the Union in 1859.

The Willamette Wives series is my attempt to take this journey if only in my imagination and share it with you. Richard and Anna, James and Charity, Wyatt and Agatha, along with Roger Morrison and Matthew Stone are some of those brave settlers who join together to build their dream on land they claimed with the Land Donation Act.

In His Errant Educator, the third book in this series, Roger has set his hat on the pretty little brunette he bumped into outside Franklin's Mercantile. She is the only woman for him and his dream is for her to join him on the Rose Ranch as his wife. Teresa Goldman, loves her sexy, stern rancher but has dreams of her own. She's spent her life preparing to become a teacher, has spent hours preparing lesson plans that will make school fun. Will Roger be able to convince his errant educator that some very important life lessons have nothing to do with reading, writing, and arithmetic?

I hope you join me on the journey as the characters from His Passionate Pioneer and My Sassy Settler continue to build the Rose Ranch, continue to help each other and continue to follow their dreams.

Happy Reading...

Maggie Ryan
___________________________________________________________

Life's lessons are not always held in a classroom.Teresa Goldman may cook, wash countless dishes, and serve the townspeople meals in her pa's restaurant, but that is only until she can throw off her apron and stand on the steps of Cascade's first school and ring the bell. She's dreamed of being a teacher her entire life. In her opinion, school should be fun, and she's spent endless hours sitting on the floor of the unfinished building creating lesson plans. Roger Morrison knew from the first moment he bumped into the beautiful brunette outside the mercantile that he wanted to make her his wife. Having traveled the Oregon Trail, he knows the importance of working hard, perseverance, and teamwork. Along with his partners, his goal is to make the Rose Ranch the most prosperous in the Willamette Valley, and his dream is to do so with Teresa at his side. When the love of his life continues to jump into danger without a moment's thought, he realizes that love isn't enough - he needs to teach Teresa that there are more important lessons to learn than reading, writing and arithmetic. On the day she accepts his marriage proposal, he delivers her first lesson, with the errant little educator draped over his knee. When the townspeople gather to hear the announcement of who will be guiding and teaching their children, no one is more stunned than Teresa to hear the name announced isn't hers. Will she learn that, even with one dream shattered, there is another just waiting to be embraced? Can she make a home on the ranch with crazy roosters, smelly cattle, and wild animals surrounding her instead of the students she dreamed of? Will Anna, Charity, and Agatha, all wives with their own stern and loving husbands, be able to convince her that life can be fulfilling with a different dream? More importantly, can Teresa allow the man who doesn't hesitate to take her in hand to become her teacher?

Available exclusively this weekend at Amazon.  Available on all other sites (Blushing Books, Barnes & Noble, Apple, Kobo, & ARE) on Monday, September 19th.

Available at:

___________________________________________________________

Books 1 & 2 in the Willamette Wives Series are on sale this weekend...