BlushingBooks

Blushing Books

Three favorites from Joannie Kay on sale...plus two new titles!

authorspotlight-jk

Hello Everyone!

First of all, I would like to say that I am a long-time writer for Bethany on Woodshed and for Blushing Books. This is my dream career, and I certainly do love telling stories. I have been married to the same wonderful man for forty-five years, and we have two adult children and two grandchildren who are growing up much too fast to suit Gramma.

Last Chance is the very first western I wrote, long before I was writing professionally, and I love the characters in that book. Samantha is one feisty lady, and Cort cannot believe it when the "boy" who helps him out of a scrape turns out to be a beautiful woman. He doesn't like being forced to marry her, either. The battle between the two redheads is epic. Melanie, Sam's cousin, is married to a man with a big secret, and I wouldn't dream of spoiling the story for you by revealing what that is!

Molly's Cop is one of Bethany's favorites. Molly is faced with so much to handle in her life, but she meets a cop who is determined to help her, even if it means spanking her every so often. He welcomes her into his large family that practices domestic discipline.

Goodbye to Mama is a sad, but funny, story of three siblings gathering to sort their Mama's belongings after her death, and learning that their Mama was a woman with a few secrets. I wrote this story to honor my Mama.

Someone to Watch Over Me spans over a hundred years of a woman's long life through her diary entries. I fell in love with Aunt Molly and I hope you will too. The Firecracker Gets Her Man is one of my latest westerns. Rachel Waterford is home after a year away, much to the town's dismay. She is determined to put away the criminal who shot and killed her former employer, provided lawman Lance Underwood will get out of her way and let her do what she decides is her job to do! Lance has other ideas, however.

It is my absolute pleasure to write stories for those of you who like to read as much as I do. Thank you for supporting me and reading my stories for the last fifteen years, and I hope to continue for many more years.
~ Joannie Kay
__________________________________________________________

Horse thieves, Romance and a lot of Mischief!Samantha lived with her uncle, ever since her parents passed away. He could be a strict man, but she was stunned when he announced that she would be marrying Carson Edwards within a month. Edwards was old enough to be her father! And he was reported to be a cruel man. She simply could not marry him! With no other options available, she chose to run away. Eventually she hoped to land a teaching position, but until then she would try to keep to herself. Gunshots forced her out of hiding. She couldn't just ignore them, in case someone needed help. And someone did! One man was pinned, taking fire from three others. She scared off the would-be horse thieves with a few shots, first firing near their feet and then over their heads. But before she could escape, the man she'd rescued came to thank her. Mistaking her for a young boy, Cort Hadley offered her a job helping him to bring in his herd. Sam knew it was a mistake, but dang, if he wasn't a fine looking man! And he was a much better cook than she was. As long as he thought she was a kid, she figured there couldn't be any harm in it. Mistaken identities create plenty of tension, and when her uncle catches up to them, all hell is about to break loose! This full-length sweet historic western has plenty of romance to keep you reading until the very last page! It contains the spanking of adult women. If such material offends you, please do not buy this book.
On sale for $2.99 this week for our "Author Spotlight" sale (regular price is $4.99).  Sale price is on the Blushing Books site, Amazon & Barnes and Noble.

__________________________________________________________

Police Sergeant Michael O'Keefe is not impressed when he is sent on a domestic call and he finds two women arguing with each other. Molly Henderson is all attitude and the other young woman's language needed a bar of soap to her mouth! As for Molly, he puts her out of the apartment since the lease is in the other female's name, only to learn later when he stops to eat after his shift, that he'd inadvertently put Molly on the street.She had no money, no car, and she was terrified that she would be fired if her boss heard the police had been called to an incident where she lived! Molly blamed him for all her troubles, and when she wouldn't accept his help, Michael decided to deal with her in the same manner his Pop would deal with one of his sisters. He flipped her over his knee and spanked her until she agreed to let him take her to his parents' home for the night. He couldn't just leave her on the street, even if that meant turning her over his knee in front of his Pop and Ma to ensure she stayed put for the night... and even longer if he thought it necessary!

__________________________________________________________

Siblings Trina, Rob, and Lori gather in their childhood home to bid their Mama a final goodbye as they sort through her belongings and share memories of her. What is startling is to learn that the secrets they've been hiding from each other are not as shocking as learning that their Mama was hiding her own secret life, and that their very confident and capable Mama spent a good amount of time over their Daddy's lap getting spanked!All three siblings have secrets and struggles of their own, and learning the truth about their parents will let them come to terms with their own lives. This is a sweet old-fashioned family romance with just the right amount of spicy domestic discipline. Joannie Kay does it again!
On sale for $2.99 this week for our "Author Spotlight" sale (regular price is $3.99).  Sale price is on the Blushing Books site, Amazon & Barnes and Noble.

__________________________________________________________

Nadine Scott, a high-powered attorney from Manhattan, returns to her childhood home in the small town of Maxon to settle her great aunt Molly's estate. Aunt Molly was her only relative and had lived in the same home for her entire 105 years. Nadine knows that the task of preparing the property to be sold, after disbursing all of its contents, is going to be an emotional task requiring at least a month or two of her time. As she shops for groceries for her extended stay, she discovers that David Maxon, her high school sweetheart, has also suffered a recent loss, his father, and has permanently moved back to town to take over the family business.David is eager to renew his connection with Nadine and the two explore their feelings and help each other come to terms with their grief as they spend evenings together reading the extensive collection of journals that Aunt Molly has left. Detailing her life beginning in 1929, the extraordinary story of Aunt Molly unfolds as Nadine and David share their thoughts and responses to each new event. Their love blooms in current day, played out against the background of Aunt Molly's loves, losses, and new loves. An indomitable woman who became the sole parent for her orphaned great niece at the age of 80, her journal entries convey the mixture of love, tragedy, joy and family that shaped the remarkable person who told her great niece that she was loved enough for ten people.

__________________________________________________________

Ranger Lance Underwood was in Rusty Bucket for the Fourth of July, working undercover to find a criminal named Jared Cane. Lance knew that Misty Feathers, Cane's girlfriend, was on the move, and rumor had it they were headed for Rusty Bucket. However, the pretty redhead who got off the stage didn't resemble Misty at all. The Sheriff tried to put her back on the stage and send her away, and she responded by offering to kick him where it counted. Lance was immediately intrigued by the sassy redhead. He loved a lady with a sassy temperament and a bottom that was made for spanking, and Miss Rachel Waterford, the Doctor's daughter, was just that type of woman. Before he knew what he was doing, he was helping her from the stage, and carrying her heavy trunk to her father's buggy. He accepted a supper invitation from the grateful doctor, and was stunned when Rachel let him know he was a Texas Ranger on assignment to arrest Jared Cane. She shared information with him, and he quickly learned he was going to need to give Miss Rachel a good reason to obey him and keep herself hidden from the man who was looking to kill her!Rachel thought the Ranger was too handsome for words. He made her soak her drawers with a strong need, a passion she never felt before, even when she ran away with a man who made promises he had no intention of keeping. Her pride didn't allow her to come home until she learned Cane was planning to rob the bank of all the townspeople's hard-earned money. She wanted to help Lance, but her efforts were rewarded with a blistering spanking! Would he do that again if she simply had to help capture Cane?