BlushingBooks

Blushing Books

Gem Apocalypse by Ruth Silver

Gem Apocalypse by Ruth Silver

At seventeen, Aria Stone has broken the laws of her kingdom by refusing to come to court and offer herself as a courtesan. When guards storm Aria's house and murder her mother, she is drugged and dragged from her home, taken to the royal palace. Aria must accept her fate: be chosen by a prince of Brayleigh or die.
Prince James is third in line for the throne and forced to follow and obey his father's rule. King Gideon is known for running the country and his household with a strict hand. When the prince discovers the young woman brought in by the royal militia, she piques his interest, and his desire to bring her to his harem.
Aria awakens at the palace and is forced to strip down and bare herself to the king and his four sons. Humiliation is just the beginning of her journey to survive.
In a tale of murder, heartbreak, lust, and betrayal, Aria must come to terms with the life forced upon her, just as a prince of Brayleigh must recognize his power to change a corrupt system and discover the world outside of their kingdom.
Recommended for readers 16+

This isn't one of our typical books, but it's a YA (young adult) book written by one of our authors...

Now available at:

Eclipsing the Sun by Lexie Clark

Brighid Brightwell has always been fascinated by tales of the creature that resides in Loch Ness. Despite her father's objections, she attends a lecture given by a famous adventurer whose life's ambition is to prove the existence of the creature. She is smitten with his soothing, sexy voice, and intrigued by his claims of having seen "Nessie". But her hopes for a relationship are dashed when she approaches him and he is interested only in her famous father. Social convention dictates that she invite him for tea to meet the great Henry Brightwell. But, Brighid has a plan to make Oliver Hock notice her!

Things don't go according to plan on the afternoon that Oliver first visits the Brightwell home, however. Oliver will not be so easily manipulated, and remains aloof, appearing utterly uninterested in the charms of the lovely Brighid. Or so she thinks.

Finally, a courtship does begin and Brighid's first blush of attraction grows. Their first kiss - her first kiss - ignites more than a mild attraction. She becomes determined to find out what her two married sisters know that she doesn't yet. That is, until she learns how Oliver deals with difficult ladies who defy authority. And try as she might to forget, her burning backside won't allow it.

Soon, Brighid embarks on a journey, but what she finds is more than she expected. Oliver, too, finds more than the mythical creature he is searching for. Will the two find each other along the way?
Chapter One is available for  FREE