BlushingBooks

Blushing Books

Rabbit on the Run by April Hill

Rabbit on the Run by April Hill

Former cop Adam Carter is divorced and living a quiet life in a run-down beach bungalow he's lived in since he was a kid, but can't sell because an influx of casinos has wrecked the housing market. These days, he works as a well-paid bodyguard for the rich and occasionally famous, but some years back, when he was young, dead-broke and stupid, he got tangled up with his criminally inclined neighbor Gino Barone and later, with Gino's only kid, Lorenzo, aka "Larry." Larry's sole ambition in life was to follow in his dad's footsteps as a loan-shark and small-time mob enforcer. With the arrival of the casinos, the loan shark business improved dramatically, allowing the Barone family to move to a grander neighborhood, much to Adam's relief.

Just when he thought he'd seen the last of his ex-neighbors, though, he finds a young woman - Julie Murdock - trying to break into their abandoned home.

After falling for Larry Barone's smarmy good looks and smooth line, the would-be burglar explained she was being blackmailed by him with a compromising video she doesn't remember making, but very much wants to find and destroy. With Adam's reluctant help, (and with Julie dressed as an Easter bunny) the pair begin a search for the sleazy tape - while also trying to outrun Larry's murderous henchmen.
Chapter One is available for  FREE

Now available at:

(Available Saturday)

Daddy's Girl by Carolyn Faulkner

Seraphina Delaney is a competent, successful woman, but she has always known that an inner five-year-old lurked beneath the surface, hidden from the world.

Lee Randall, her best friend's brother, was intrigued from the moment he met Sera. When she, uncharacteristically, lets her little side out with him, he reveals to her that he has always wanted to be a Daddy to a grown-up little girl.

Lee wants all of Sera, big and little. Has she finally found the man who can fulfill all her fantasies?
Chapter One is available for  FREE