BlushingBooks

Blushing Books

Cora and the Blacksmith by Lexie Clark

New this evening...

Cora and the Blacksmith by Lexie Clark

After years in a loveless marriage, Cora Beckman could not work up a tear when she learned that her husband had passed away. Now was her chance to escape from under her father-in-law's roof before he forced her into another financially advantageous marriage. With her girlfriend's help, she planned to run away to New Mexico, where her husband had been running a family - owned bank.

Quentin Morgan wasn't looking for love, but once glance at the little spitfire with the soft brown hair and a figure to dream about, and he was a goner. He tried to be respectful, given that she'd just lost her husband, but she didn't appear to be in mourning. How long should he wait before asking her to dinner?

Trouble seemed to follow Cora wherever she went. Quentin came to her rescue again and again, from being swindled, to nearly getting killed at a game of poker, to being thrown from the wagon when someone was shooting at them! When two people are murdered on the same night, the townsfolk believe she's guilty. Soon, it is up to Cora and Quentin to unmask the killer, and to keep themselves alive.

In between all their sleuthing, they fall into love, or what Cora thinks of as lust. It is up to Quentin to convince her to stay in San Reno, and spend the rest of her life with him...that is if they make it out of the situation alive.

Chapter One is available for FREE

Also available at:

________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Our weekly "flashback" sale...

(Special prices for one week only - sale prices available on Amazon ONLY)

On sale for $2.99