BlushingBooks

Blushing Books

#A2Z “U” is for Unique and Cerise Noble is Unique

I’m not a girl who just falls for a pretty cover. I want something much deeper than that. Cerise Noble has proven herself to be so. Some interviews are interesting, some are hilarious. This one is unique.

Now, Cerise tell us about Stephanie’s Slavery.

Stephanie’s Slavery is about Stephanie, naturally, and her life in her home town where she is in danger of rape, her escape, and her building a new home and a life with her lover, Tobin, her best friend and lover Jessica, and Jessica’s husband and Tobin’s best friend Roy.

Can you tell us what you are working on now?

I’m working on continuing and expanding the Brackish Bay series. The overall story is roughly based on a scenario I created way back when I was first writing longer stories, back in high school. I’m very glad I’m getting a chance to develop it now. I really like being able to write from the perspectives of different characters. One of the things I’m trying to do with each book is to make them stand alone – so people can read whichever character they like, and not worry about the rest.

What books have most influenced your life most?
Goodness, hard to say. I think most every book influences me in some way. I started reading at a very early age, and my parents were big readers, so I had access to a lot of things I don’t think most kids do – I had the complete Grimms fairytales, for example, not the pretty ones, the gruesome and awful ones – and Hans Christian Andersen’s complete stories, again, some heartbreakingly sad ones – and complete sets of Mark Twain, Arthur Conan Doyle, Shakespeare, etc.  But when I got to school I discovered dragons – Anne McCaffery, to be exact, and that was an obsession for a long time, that’s what really launched me into science fiction and fantasy books, including of course Robert Heinlein. I also discovered adult books far earlier than perhaps I ought to have – I was reading Advice from an Old Mistress to a Young Wife, Spanking the Maid, Sex Tips for Girls, the Beauty Trilogy and much more in middle school.

I don’t know that any one book has had the biggest influence – it’s more a gestalt.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
Hard to say. But, you said I had to chose, so I will chose. LOL. Robert Heinlein. For one reason. His 5 rules for writers. I didn’t discover them until very very recently, but here they are:

1. You must write.
  2. You must finish what you start.
  3. You must refrain from rewriting except to editorial order.
  4. You must put it on the market.
  5. You must keep in on the market until sold.

You can read them in their original context in Heinlein’s essay entitled “On the Writing of Speculative Fiction” – or there are tons of blogs which discuss them. I think these are very appropriate for any writer who wishes to be a professional.

Do you use a pseudonym? If so how did you choose it?

Yes, I do. Cerise means Red – specifically the color of blood, of cherries, of rubies – a scarlet or crimson color. Apropos for kink, yes? My BFF said (about the sound of the name, as I was testing out new ones to see how they felt) “It’s a little sharp and slippery, a bit like a razor blade” and that pleased me, so I kept it. Noble, is of course, an affection.

How important are names to you in your books? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning? Do you have any name choosing resources you recommend?

I like unusual names. Sometimes I end up with more common names, sometimes I end up with unusual names. Part of it is related to the setting – if I’m writing a sci-fi story I’m more likely have have unique names, whereas a contemporary story or one with a less outlandish setting is going to have more common names. Sometimes it’s just whatever name shows up when I start to write about a character – sometimes it’s just something I like the sound of – more rarely, names are chosen because they mean something relevant. Name choosing sources? It depends. Sometimes baby name lists, or ethnic name lists, or names by popularity in a given year, or dictionaries.

Is there one subject you would never write about as an author? What is it?

Never? I don’t think there is any subject I could definitively say I would never in my life write about it. Now, that doesn’t mean I would write about it positively – for example, if I wrote about child molestation, it would be in a negative light – but a single subject I would never ever write about? If there is one, it hasn’t occurred to me yet.

What item, that you don’t have already, would you most like to own?
A plot of land. Something big enough to support and house an entire extended polyamorous family with children and extended family and so on.

More about Cerise Noble

Cerise Noble is a storyteller. Her stories range from written books (like the ones listed here!) to onstage kinky performances (sexy!) to the delightful noises she makes when playing with people she enjoys (at least, people tell her they’re delightful – but maybe they’re just trying to get into her pants… oh wait, she wasn’t wearing any by then…).

Speaking of people she enjoys, there’s the Owner with his paddles (wood hurts! owww), the BFF who’s a witch (can we say “magical”?), the Minx with a pair of floggers (Florentine!), and the rest of the lovelies she plays with on a regular or non-regular basis. Want to play with her? Fetlife is your friend!

When not playing, she enjoys dark chocolate, cranberry anything, her bandana, a bottle of water… wait, that’s her list for aftercare. Well, that’s good to know too! Let’s see – reading, writing and arithmetic… mmm, poly-math and more-somes… Wait, what were we talking about again?

Nanette’s Capture

500x755With her home in desperate danger, Nanette is her family’s last hope.  Can she escape with her younger sister to see her safely through the wilderness to Caledonia, the world’s last pocket of civilization?

The journey is long and harsh, and while Nanette does her best, after several months, the sisters are hungry, dirty, and their meager supplies are running thin.   Nanette breaks their cover just once, and manages to catch a few small fish, but as a result both are captured.

Nanette fights to protect her sister, although her actions are useless against the wall of strong men. One man, Jeffery, admires her spirit, and he asks his leader if he can keep her as his slave.

Suzanna, below the age of enslavement, finds herself adopted into a new family, where she is welcomed and protected but Nanette is given to her captor, where she learns that anything other than immediate and absolute obedience is dealt with swiftly and severely.

At first, she tries to make the best of a bad situation, but soon Nanette comes to crave his touch and to find comfort in his discipline, and with this comes the horrible realization that she may never be more than his slave.

“Nanette’s Capture,” is a capture romance, set in a post-apocalyptic world.  It features the enslavement of adult women, BDSM and spanking elements, and erotic slavery themes.   If such themes offend you, please do not buy Nanette’s Capture.

Stephanie’s Slavery

thumbnailIn the future, the world as we know it has ended in a cataclysmic bombardment of all the major population centers of the world, causing the breakdown of civilization, the flooding of half the earth, and a wholesale loss of technology. Small pockets of survivors struggle to form communities, banding together for protection. A woman or child is only as safe as the man defending them, and a man is just as vulnerable as his woman and child make him.

Such primitive communities function properly only if there is a stable, perhaps even feudalistic, hierarchy in place, with a good leader at the top. Stephanie lives in a village that’s just about as unsafe for a young woman as it can get. The village governor, a rapist and abuser, tries to take her for his own.

Stephanie has a close relationship with pain, one that makes her crave it, need it, and desire it. Without it, she is lost. The men in her life are beginning to understand this about her, but they also understand that some painful experiences, like rape, are too much, even for someone who lives for pain. With the help of her best friend, Jessica, Jessica’s husband, Roy, his best friend, Tobin, and Tobin’s half brothers, Gerard and Simon, Stephanie flees the village, rather than be taken and used by the vicious governor.

But such a small group living on its own in the wilderness is no one’s notion of an ideal life, so they start a settlement, one that eventually becomes a magnet for people able to recognize a stable community with good leadership. The security provide by the new community is welcome, but it cannot answer for all of Stephanie’s needs and desires. She still very much relies on the cleansing properties of external, inflicted pain, especially of a sound and thorough spanking, to overshadow and relieve her of the internal pain she never can completely avoid. But, can she trust her men, these new village leaders, to deliver what she requires?