BlushingBooks

Blushing Books

#A2Z "O" is for One Shot and "R" is for Ryan, Nikki Ryan that is. #CoverReveal

One Shot by Nikki Ryan

Coming June 23rd

One-Shot-Final-500Laci Walker thought she had successfully put the past behind her until she found herself face to face with the man who had shattered her heart to smithereens four years ago. He had been drafted into the NHL after they had graduated from college. Instead of sharing the accomplishment with her, he'd walked away, leaving her completely devastated. Now here they are in the Boston Bruins locker room. He even had the nerve to smile at her. Laci wanted to grab the nearest hockey stick and shove it down his throat. The jerk. Matt Lindberg couldn’t believe it when Laci walked into the locker room behind his coach. She had always been the love of his life. The one woman who dominated his thoughts during the day and haunted his dreams at night. The very same girl whom he was going to marry. First order of business though was to prove to her that their love was worth fighting for. Judging by the look on her face, it wasn't going to be an easy task. He had only one shot to make this right. He wouldn’t fail her again.

"Earth to Laci," Emma chided. "Where did you go just now?" Laci breathed in deeply and looked over at Emma. Without another word Emma knew. "You know you are going to have to deal with him at some point."

"I know."

"I googled him the other day. He and that slutty tramp broke up. What's her name? Francesca?" Emma said.

"I didn't know you kept tabs on him."

"Just his love life. Every time I search for him, I hope that the headline reads: Superstar skater, Matt Lindberg, has announced that he can no longer date as his dick has rotted and fallen off." Laci choked on her coffee. Emma had also loved Laci knew. But it was all 'sisters before mistas' with Emma, and so far, Matt still held the number one position on her shit list. Laci couldn't even fathom the thought of Emma not being in her life.

The bell jingled over the door frame. Emma walked over to the couple and their newborn baby and exchanged pleasantries.

"I should be going. I'll try and get back in time to help you close up. Are you still going with me to check out the apartment tonight at six?"